It was suggested that we make it more clear what we've updated on the site. So we'll be maintaining this page with a log of the changes. [ Thanks to: Natureboy2SaveU ]
Wed Jan 27 2009
- display larger images in uploads section
- use correct document type on main pages
- bigger forums menu
- tighten up some layout
- update adserver tags for google ad manager
- turned off the ebay ad units
Sat Dec 1 2008
- try out ebay ad units, try to make this site pay for itself.
Sat Nov 29 2008
- auto youtube embedding extended to support uk.youtube.com
Sat Sep 6 2008
- forum maintinance. fighting spammers
- hack in auto youtube embedding into forum
- many unlogged maintinance items
- we are ad supported now.
Thu Oct 6 2005
- Unfortunately the new code didn't build on my production server. so that last launch didn't happen. Didn't manage to debug it and get it fixed until now.
Sun Aug 21 2005
- Wow, been a long time, since I was able to release an update to the site. However the site stays very active in the Forums so be sure to participate there.
- I had a baby girl, to go with my 2yr old boy. that keeps me quite busy. Still durring all that time I've poked around here and there and done some things.
- upgrade the site to HTML4
- upgrade the site to make better use of CSS
- upgrade old content pages to fit into the newer templateing system. [ XSLT. ]
- Turned all forums uploads into a browesable photo journal [cool!]
- overhauled photo journaling to handle large number of photos.
- added some bread crumb generation [ extra navigation links ] to the tops of certain pages.
- In general I've tried to provide more emphasis on the Forums section. but related to that I'm slowly working towards an article posting system, which will be like an advance Forums section.
- Thanks to all the RPDO members, for continuing to fuel this place.
Sun Feb 8, 2004
- holidays, kid, work, keeping me busy. the update rate outlook doesn't look to be too good for this year. I need to get to the point where we have an auto article submission system. I could use some help. If you can program, perl and are familiar with Unix, CVS, mod_perl, xml, XSLT, html, and CSS AND you would be interested in helping, please let me know.
- updated some admin tools in the forums section.
- allowed the uploads area of the forums to be directly viewable.
Sun Nov 2, 2003
- ok, not quite the update pace we we're hoping for. we had a whole bunch of problems, one of which was loosing all our old mail from folks. We recovered it. only to have it get wiped out again today. *anger rising* anyhow... we'll keep trying for you.
- Added Mark Center's Wooden Pool to the ramps section.
- Added Mark Page's mini-spine to the ramps section.
- Updated question "How can I make a halfpipe quiet?" on the FAQs page.
- Added Richie Freeman in North Carolina to the contractors page.
- Added James's mini to the misc Photo Journal.
- updated content system to handle anchors and tables.
- took down the r.p.d.o. mini to deal with sprinkler issues. have to move it to my sisters house, and cut it to a more mellow trannie. that will get documented. Then probably build a micro bowl, or a 6'h by 16' wide mini, and document them.
- non rampplans stuff: finally moved out of my office to make room for my kid. work's been to busy. finally went surfing a few times.. needed that.
Sun Aug 24, 2003
- Added Michael Cheah's "How to build a mini ramp shed" to the ramps section.
- Added Grocki Ramp Contractors in Illinois to the contractors page.
- Added Aaron in Indiana to the contractors page.
Sun Aug 17, 2003
- uh oh, three weeks between updates. can't slow down now. there's still a backlog. our goal is now at least an update every week. there it is, in writing.
- Added Tyler Neidig's Kicker to the to the ramps section.
- Added Justin Carnecky's 8 foot Vert Ramp to the to the ramps section.
- Added Paulo Monezi's mini to the to the ramps section.
- Updated question "What type of surface should I use?" on the FAQs page.
Sun Jul 27, 2003
- in-laws, parents, other family in town. not catching up as much as we'lld like. Still got a few updates. good ones.
- added Bud Stratford's funbox and rails to the ramps section.
- Updated question "How do you protect your ramp against rain?" on the FAQs page.
Thu Jul 17, 2003
- Added question "What type of screws should I use?" to the FAQs page.
- Added question "What should I know about surfacing my ramp?" to the FAQs page.
- Added question "Should I paint my ramp?" to the FAQs page.
- Updated question "How can I make a half pipe quiet?" on the FAQs page.
- Updated question "What should I use for coping?" on the FAQs page.
- Updated question "How do I bend coping?" on the FAQs page.
- made the diagrams on the "R.P.D.O. mini II" larger and darker and added a bit more description.
- added August Van Osch's mini to the ramps section.
- Added Shawn Mihalovits pair of diagrams to the misc section.
- added Randy M to the misc section.
- added David Ricks to the misc section.
Sun Jul 6, 2003
- slowly but surely catching up on the backlog.
- Added Brandon Piper's mini to the to the ramps section.
- Updated Jeff Dalehite's page to include a full mirror of his ramp construction account.
- Added question about "How much flat should I use" on the FAQs page.
- Added question about "What radius transition" on the FAQs page.
- Added Thimo Van Hevele's funbox to the ramps section.
- Added Paul Symansky's flybox to the ramps section.
- updated the ramps section, to be organized by ramp type.
- Fixed some navigation issues with our content system, in order to complete the mirror of Jeff Dalehite's ramp article.
- Added features to content system to handle emails slightly better.
Fri Jun 20, 2003
- added photo journal with new photos to Miles Sims' garage micro page.
- updated question about "How do I attach the coping" on the FAQs page.
- updated question about "How to make a halfpipe quiet" on the FAQs page.
- Updated question about "how to build a ramp for cheap" on the FAQs page.
- Updated the miscellaneous Photo Journal with a few more random reader ramps, that were not quite enough for the ramps section.
- Added August Van Osch in New Jersey to the contractors page.
Wed Jun 11, 2003
- added index pages to new style photo journals.
- updated navigation for photo journals that have a large number of images.
- updated Pablo Teodoro's page to include the completion of his ramp in an new awesome photo journal.
- added Z.E.G.B. by Mark Phillips to the ramps section.
- added David Baustert to the ramps section.
Fri Jun 6, 2003
- you may have noticed that Jun 1, we weren't actually up with new content, (as it says below.) We Fixed a problem that prevented our new publishing system from working on our live servers.
- Fixed a bug in our publication system that wiped out all uploads on the forums section.
Sun Jun 1, 2003
- Completed the first phase of a new content management system. (ok, perhaps that's too big of a word anyhow, ) It's now easier for us to make the web pages and photo journals. We've now started through our backlog of emails, and started updating things.
- added Peter Ball's ramp. He built a version of the "R.P.D.O. mini II"
- updated Mark Workman's' page, adding a photo journal of the construction.
- added question about how to build a ramp for cheap to the FAQs page.
- added Gonzalo's Quarterpipe to the ramps section.
- added Brett Pugsley's mini to the ramps section.
- added Chris Kircher's garage micro to the ramps section.
- cleaned up the format of the miscellaneous section, and added a few things.
- added the beginnings of a glossary of terms.
- added section about steel to the What surface should I use? question on the FAQs page.
- updated question Can you catch air on a mini on the FAQs page.
- Added question How do you protect against rain on the FAQs page.
- there's still more to come, there's been a lot of content in the forums that deserves it's own pages, so we'll be getting to that after we get through the email backlog.
Sun Mar 16, 2003
- updated link to PDF for Rick Dahlen's Mini Ramp on the from the web page.
- We've received some good stuff, that we've yet to post, we're going to try to get that stuff up in the next few weeks. Then we're putting all our efforts into making the site more user updateable.
- Along those lines, we've just not been able to answer all the emails we've been receiving. primarily with specific questions about ramp size preferences. So, we've slapped in some forum software so you guys can get help from each other directly. [ a big thanks to Slade buddy, latest member of the R.P.D.O crew, who has volunteered to admin these bulletin boards ] [ Note: this is a big experiment. we'll see how it works out. ]
- Other automation we've been working on, include an automated FAQ so that you experts out there can add your knowledge directly. An automated ramp photo journal submission page. ( our webmaster just doesn't have the time any more to make pages for everything. so we're going to write software to make pages. ) Also automated article submission, automatic link submissions, flash based ramp size calculator, and any other crazy idea we can come up with. you'll see this roll out bit by bit, as we make progress.
- we continue to get thanks every day for the stuff we have on the site so far, even when we've been feeling like we haven't gotten anywhere near enough done. Thanks to all of you who appreciate r.p.d.o, your encouragement makes us work all the harder.
Thu Feb 13, 2003
- Our primary webmaster just had a baby, so things remain slow. There are some good things in the works however. (Skateboarders having babies? What is the world coming to?)
- for pointing out we misspelled "miscellaneous" in the main navigation.
Sun Jan 19, 2003
- It seems we've slacked here for a while. people have been sending in a few things here and there. Unfortunately we haven't had any time, what time we've had has been left trying to design a back end to automate stuff, so we can keep the site updated faster. so for those of you who have sent in stuff we still intend to post it. ( unless it was junk. ) For everyone else, feel free to keep sending in plans, tips, photo journals, etc. We've been getting a lot of requests for fun-boxes and such.
- All that said, a big thanks to Jeff Dalehite who actually did all the HTML and editorial work on his section for his new garage micro